Benefits: Stretches the hips.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and the soles of your feet on the floor.
2. Hug your left knee into your chest.
3. Cross the left ankle over your body and rest it on the right thigh.
4. Let the left knee relax away from your torso.
5. Bring both your hands to your right shin, lifting your right foot off the floor and threading your left hand through your legs to do so.
6. Using your hands, draw your right thigh toward your chest. This will cause your left hip to open.
7. Keep both feet flexed.
8. Continue to relax the left knee to open the hips.
9. Repeat on the other side.
Beginners: if you have very tight hips, stop after step 4, keeping the right foot on the floor.
Advanced: To deepen the stretch, draw the right knee closer to your chest.