Benefits: Intense hamstring stretch and shoulder opener.
1. Come to sit in a comfortable, cross-legged position.
2. Bend the right knee, hugging it in to your chest.
3. You may leave the left leg bent or outstretch it on the floor.
4. Lift the right leg with your left hand as you thread the right hand underneath the right knee bringing the right fingertips to the floor.
5. Lift the right knee as high up on to the right shoulder as possible. The higher you can go, the easier the pose will be.
6. Bring the left hand to the outside edge of the right foot.
7. Begin to straighten the right leg as you simultaneously bring the left arm back behind your head.
8. Take the gaze towards your left arm.
9. Repeat on the other side.
This is an advanced pose. Take care to stay up on the top of your sit bones the whole time and do not collapse into a slump. This is more important that straightening the lifted leg.