Benefits: Strengthens legs, improves balance, stretches the shoulders
1. From Utkatasana shift your weight onto the left leg.
2. Bend the right leg, lifting the foot from the floor and cross your right thigh over your left.
3. Hook the right foot around the left calf.
4. Bring the arms out in front.
5. Cross the left arm over the right and bring the palms to touch.
6. Lift the elbows while keeping the shoulders sliding down the back.
7. Hold 5-10 breaths.
8. Repeat on the other side.
Beginners: If you have trouble with the balance, rest your backside on a wall. If you can't hook the lifted foot around the calf, put a block under the foot instead.
Advanced: Start to come into a forward bend, bringing the elbows in front of the knees. Bring the thumbs to your third eye.