Benefits: Stretches the glutes. Stretches and relaxes the spine. Can help relieve back pain, though should be approached with caution by those with degenerative disk disease.
1. Come to lie on your back.
2. Bend your knees and put the soles of your feet on the floor.
3. Lift your hips slightly off the floor and shift them about an inch to your right.
4. Draw your right knee into your chest and extend the left leg on the floor.
5. Drop your right knee over to the left side of your body.
6. Open your right arm to the right side in line with your shoulder. Rest your left hand on your right knee.
7. Turn your head to the right, bringing your gaze over the right shoulder.
7. Work on releasing your left knee and your right shoulder to the floor.
8. Hold 5 to 10 breaths before drawing your right knee back into your chest and doing the other side.
Variations: Before twisting, take your legs into the air and wrap your right leg around your left, coming into Eagle legs. Then twist, bringing the right knee over to the left side of the body.