This breath is balancing, relaxing, and calming.
1. Sit in a comfortable crosslegged position.
2. Using your right hand, fold your pointer and middle fingers into your palm, leaving your thumb, ring finger, and pinky sticking up (Vishnu Mudra).
3. Bring your thumb to the right side of your nose and your ring finger to the left side.
4. Close off your right nostril with your thumb.
5. Inhale through your left nostril.
6. Close off your left nostril with your ring finger.
7. Open and exhale through your right nostril.
8. Inhale through your right nostril.
9. Close off your right nostril with your thumb.
10. Open and exhale through your left nostril.
11. Inhale through your left nostril.
12. Continue alternating 5 to 10 times.
Return to Introduction to Pranayama