Benefits: Strengthens spine and chest. Improves spinal flexibility.
1. Come to lie on your stomach, taking a blanket under your hips as padding.
2. Interlace your fingers behind your back.
3. Bend your arms, drawing your elbows together.
4. On an inhale, draw your torso up off the floor as you straighten your arms behind you.
5. Press the tops of your feet into the floor.
6. Come down and rest on one cheek.
Beginners: Instead of interlacing your fingers behind your back, bring your arms alongside the body with your palms pressing down into the floor.
Advanced: When you lift your torso, simultaneously lift your legs off the floor, keeping them straight.