Type of Pose: Standing, Backbending
Benefits: Strengthens the legs, improves the flexibility of the spine
1. From Warrior II, bring the rear hand down the back of the rear leg.
2. Bring the front arm up next to your ear.
3. Keeping the front knee bent and directly over the ankle, reach the rear hand down as you come in to a backbend. Try not to put too much weight into the back hand so that your support is coming from the core, instead of your hand resting on your leg.
4. Bring your gaze up to the front fingertips.
5. Hold for up to five breaths and then switch sides.
Check out the full Warrior Sequence for related poses.