Yoga Poses and Workouts
By Ann Pizer
The heart of any yoga practice is the performance of yoga positions (called asanas), each of which has specific physical and and mental benefits.
- Top Ten Essential Yoga Poses for Beginners
- Beginners' Yoga Pose Library
- Intermediate Yoga Pose Library
These basic sequences are a good way to bring your yoga practice home with you. For a longer series, you can do several of the sequences back to back.
- Top 10 Yoga Workouts for Beginners
- Yoga Warm-Up Sequence
- 10 Yoga Stretches for Your Daily Routine
- 10 Simple Yoga Exercises
- 9-Pose Strength Workout for Beginners
- Flexibility Workout
- Sun Salutation
- Standing Poses Sequence
- Hips and Hamstrings Sequence
- Seated Hip Stretches
- 8 Poses for Cool Down and Relaxation
- Yoga Stretches at Your Desk
- Chair Yoga Series
- Poses for Better Posture
When you a ready, you can start to vary your routine with some more advanced poses.
- Moon Salutation
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskara A
- Ashtanga Surya Namaskara B
- Yoga Stretches for Runners
- Yoga for Cyclists
- Yoga for Abs
- Yoga for Arms
- 8 Quad Stretches
- Inversions Sequence
- Standing Balances Sequence
- Warrior Poses Sequence
- Spring Yoga Routine
Yoga for Back Pain
These sequences are designed to address specific problem areas for back pain sufferers.
- 5 Essential Lower Back Stretches
- Yoga for Back Pain Series 1: Yoga for Back Health
- Yoga for Back Pain Series 2: Basic Flexibility for Pain Prevention
- Yoga for Back Pain Series 3 - Hip Work For a Balanced Back
These sequences are of special benefit to pregnant women.